Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release !
in case anyone prefers .xz:
( compilation instruction are inside the archive, on the README file )
Packaging time already started but still not published yet , installer for various system ( Win, Mac , linux distribution ) based on the 1.0 code source should appear shortly ( encouragement for all the packager around who works hard on it ) . If you want to help ; check the packaging status here and talk with us via mailing list / forum / IRC channel . *-buntu users affraid to compile will probably enjoy to install the developpement ppa .
- A configurable toolbar has been added with dropdown widgets for colour, brush, and brush settings.
- Floating tool windows can now be docked into a sidebar inside the main window.
- A “Lock Alpha” mode has been added for brushstrokes, and there are now some basic layer compositing modes.
- Mouse and stylus buttons can be bound to different actions via the preferences.
- There’s a new scratchpad tool which can be used for thumbnails, notes, or recording brushstrokes and colour choices.
- Finally, there have been numerous little improvements and bugfixes to MyPaint’s speed, user interface, and its brush collections.
( click to enlarge )
Mypaint 1.0 with docked panel, floating scratchpad, and on canvas color changer ‘washed’
Mypaint 1.0 dropdown widgets for brush, with a color triangle and layer panel undocked
Mypaint 1.0 frame limitation of the infinite canvas ( here on a rotated drawing ), Tablet buttons preferences, Color ring on canvas and another docked/undocked customisation for panel.
Mypaint 1.0 Brush Setting Editor new reorganised user interface