“This is why I enjoyed so much this software, because it really trims out the techy part of digital painting and focuses on the creative work.” — malefico
As the project is slowly growing, it is time to write down what it aims to be:
- MyPaint is for painting and sketching from scratch.
- Keep the interface simple. Advanced features should not grab any attention of users who are happy without them.
- Excellent fullscreen workflow. GUI elements can appear only on demand and directly at the cursor.
- Frequently used interactions should be fine tuned. Think about usability in milliseconds, react to every sensible input, and optimize the presented information for fast recognition. Allow the user to work in flow.
- Solid software. Even the development branch should stay clear of obvious bugs and glitches all the time.
There is no roadmap for individual features.